Friday, May 09, 2008

What a day!

This is Shiree
Today my brother Joe & his wife Ashley came over with their new little baby girl Marley. (My mom came too). Since we've lived on opposite sides of the country for so long we haven't seen them in 5 years! It was so good to see them. Their baby is adorable and it was very therapeutic for me to hold and cuddle a baby. I want a girl!! They had fun playing with my kids and catching up a bit. It's odd because even though we haven't seen them in so long it felt like we'd just been hanging out the week before or something. We also went to the BYU bookstore for some shopping fun and had a great time. We're going to go to my mom & dad's tomorrow to see them again before they head back to Washington.
After they left we had Josh, Megan and Isabella Harris over for dinner. They are moving back to North Carolina tomorrow and we wanted to see them one last time. I've decided that I really don't like it when my friends move away. I don't like moving away from my friends either. But this time is different because I don't know when we'll see them again and that is sad for me. Alex & Isabella were born a month apart and they've been friends their whole lives. When they first moved to Utah we knew we were going to follow them out here. Now they are going back and we don't know what the future holds for us. I've gotten used to having Megan around and I'm really going to miss her.
Finally, Jenny is at her first non-grandparent sleepover tonight. She's at Rich & Julie's house sleeping over with Sammie. Rich took Jarrad & Weston to a fathers and sons outing so the girls are having a girls night. I was invited at first but I'm not well enough to go so Jenny went alone. I remember having so much fun sleeping over at Grandma B's house with Sara when we were kids. I hope Jen & Sam have a great time, but I must admit I'm a little sad seeing her bed empty. She's growing up so fast!

No comments: