Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day and stuff

So today was mother's day. With all the stuff going on this week I realized yesterday that we hadn't sent out any cards so I quickly wrote some and gave them to those close to me and then we sent e-cards to Melanie and Tracy. Thank goodness for e-cards! But also in the mess of last week I didn't prepare anything for my Relief Society calling--I do the music which normally isn't a big deal but I wanted to do something awesome for mother's day. Well, nothing really came to mind until right before I was supposed to give my 5 minute presentation. And then I was thinking about all those women who get overlooked at mother's day. Usually we think of our mothers and those women who are mothers and there is a whole group of women who get overlooked a little. So I took some time then and want to mention them now. Here's to all the women who don't have children of their own. All those who haven't yet had kids and those who never will. Thanks to all of you for your mothering and care of so many people around you! I hope you don't feel left out this mother's day because you are still mothers--with or without your own children and should be honored as such!

As for my mother's day, I must say that it was a great one! Lance surprised me with a dozen roses! :) And the complete works of Jane Austen (they are all individual and they all match. You'd love it, Tracy!) Jenny gave me cards and a bracelet (thanks for your help on that Julie), Alex gave me a card and Daniel gave me lots of slobbery kisses and some whine. The older kids also gave us another present--see Lance's blog for details--but we had some good talks about obedience and repentance and I'm sure it will all be fine in the end. I did get a short nap today, so that was lovely too.
All in all it was a great day!
Shiree

No comments: