Monday, May 05, 2008

Comfort & Friends

I am thankful for all of you who have been sending me emails and cards, who are thinking and praying for us and for the peace I feel as I prepare to go to the hospital in the morning. At church on Sunday they sent a sign up sheet around Relief Society (which is the women's organization in my church. We meet the third hour for a lesson just as women and it's wonderful). Anyway, they asked for volunteers to sign up to help watch my kids and bring us meals for the next few days. When it got to me it was completely full and it hadn't even gone around the room. I had three extra people sign up than there were spaces and then my neighbor and my sister-in-law called to ask how they could help. And of course my mom, dad and grandma are all wanting to help. I felt so loved. I feel so loved.
So now I have to be there tomorrow at 6:00am. And I had two people willing to come over and stay with my kids at that early hour. I almost feel bad because there's no way that I can let all of these people do stuff for us.
It's times like this when you can really feel the love of the Savior through the thoughts, service and prayers of others.
Thanks
Shiree

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Good luck tomorrow. I am glad you are being taken care of. I called today but no one was home. I hope it all goes well. (Relief Society is AWESOME)