Sunday, June 08, 2008

Guns

So I found out Friday that I'm afraid of guns. Lance and I went shooting so that I can learn to use our gun in case of an emergency and I was so anxious I couldn't even shoot it. I'm a pretty easy going person but I've never shot a gun before and it was loud! I could feel every shot throughout my body and I didn't like that one bit. I did hold it and load it and aim it so I feel like if there was an emergency I could use it. I think the adrenaline/fear would help me over the anxiety. I feel a little wimpy especially because my younger sister shot it no problem. Where did you get your gun savvy, Tracy?
Shiree

2 comments:

Trista said...

I think I'd be the same way. The worlds need wimps like us.

Ryan and Tracy said...

The key is to point the gun away from your body. It makes you feel... safer. :)

Seriously, I don't know where I got it from. I never wanted guns in my house but then I married a Marine. I guess I just started accepting the fact that they were going to be around. Then I realized that I didn't want a gun in my house that I couldn't shoot. Then it turned into I didn't want a gun in my house that the intruder could shoot better. The first time I went was with Lance and I was nervous at first. I just reminded myself that I was handling it safely and that nothing could go wrong. I braced myself for the sound and the force which took care of the anxiety. It turned into excitement. I would suggest going out a couple more times. I'll bet that your fear will go away. You just need to become more comfortable with it.

Once I get my own gun, you can shoot mine too. Promise.