Thursday, June 12, 2008

dentists

Today I took all three kids to the dentist. I love my dentist!! His office is so family friendly and fun. There's a train table, game cube, puzzles, and movies with headphones for when they're working on your mouth. The kids get a toothbrush and a prize at the end--actually a token where they can choose their prize by putting it in a gumball type machine and turning the knob. What fun! None of the kids have any cavities!!! But Jenny doesn't have any room in her mouth for her permanent teeth which are starting to come in. We either leave them to come in crooked or he can pull some of her baby teeth so the new ones have room. That's a short term fix because there just won't be any room. It's braces for sure--Daniel too because he hasn't got any room in his mouth. It's a bit distressing and I'm not exactly sure why. I didn't have to have braces but Lance had a lot of teeth pain/issues and I'm anxious for my kids. And I'm not sure if it's better to pull Jenny's baby teeth now or just let them fall out on their own. I didn't think I'd have to deal with braces/teeth issues for a few more years and it's a little shocking. Forget about saving for college, we need to start saving for braces! Blah! Thank goodness Lance will be done with school and working again in a year!

3 comments:

Janelle said...

Elizabeth had to go to the dentist today too! For a root canal - on a 6 year old! Why don't they just pull it? I guess she was going to have that tooth for 5 more years so they didn't want to. The good news is, they didn't have to! But she has another cavity to do in August. I hate the dentist and so I promised her a small toy if she was good. She said it did hurt some, but it was ok. Brave girl. Bad teeth must come from my husband's side too.

Trista said...

I hate the dentist as well. Trying not to pass that on to my kiddos! My 9-year-old nephew has already had a root canal, oral surgery, and a retainer. Ouch! Should I stop now just so I can afford the two I have?

Trista said...
This comment has been removed by the author.