Saturday, May 09, 2009

Let the games begin!!!

Jenny started softball today and Alex started T-ball!! They were supposed to have games last week but they were rained out. Today their games were at the same time at different fields so Lance stayed with Alex and watched his game & Daniel and I went to Jenny's game. They were soooooo fun!! In softball, each girl gets 5 chances to hit the ball and if they do, they run the bases like in regular softball. If they don't, they sit down and wait until the next inning. No one counts outs, although if someone gets tagged they are out and have to go sit down. They bat through the lineup every inning and when all the girls have had a chance to hit, they switch to the outfield. Jenny hit both times that she was up and she got another girl out on 3rd base! She did so well, and they had so much fun! The best part was that there were treats at the end, and no one kept score!
Alex's t-ball was similiar except the boys get to swing until they hit the ball off the tee. They bat through the lineup and Alex actually played on the other team today because they didn't have enough players. Lance said lots of funny stuff happened like kids running to the wrong base, or to the pitchers mound. He had loads of fun watching and cheering Alex on. Alex did really well and scored 2 runs!
I had the camera, so I've got some photos of Jenny, and our neighbors took some of Alex which I'll post as soon as I get them.


No comments: