My reading is insane!! I got Breaking Dawn at 10:00am yesterday and started reading while I let the kids watch some T.V. Then we went to the pool and they swam while I read (I did watch Daniel a bit to keep him alive). We came home, ate and I put Daniel down for a nap--the sweetheart slept 2 1/2 hours! I read while Jen & Alex watched a movie, then it was straight to McDonalds for dinner and the playland--almost two more hours of reading time!! Then home for showers, snack (does fast food ever fill anyone up?) and bed and I read. 750 pages in one day and I finished around 12:30am. The best parts are that 1. the insanity is over for awhile & 2. my kids had the BEST day of their lives!! They didn't even know that I was totally neglecting them. They NEVER get to watch that much t.v.!!
So, the book was FABULOUS!! I was so amazed at the twists and turns in the plot. The other 3 where good but this was the best. I think she must have had all 4 pretty much written before the first was published. They just fit together so well. I won't give anything away because I hate that. I will say that if you've got 40-60 hours depending on how fast you read, this is a great series. And although I wouldn't recommend it for young teens, and maybe not older teens--it's pretty intense at times. If you've got a teen reading it I would say that YOU need to read it too so you can talk about what's going on in the books with them.
Enough for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Just finished. Also loved it. :)
Now I am sad that it is all over and I have to imagine the rest.
:) Mandy
Hmmmm . . .I am even more excited to read #4 after reading your post. I finally gave in and read all 3 in the last few months--just raced through #3--couldn't put it down. And anxiously awaiting my name to move to the top of the library waiting list-last I checked I was #111.
Post a Comment