We share a washer/dryer with our neighbors downstairs who have only been married for a year and I've noticed how much nicer and fluffier their towels are than ours. So I started dreaming about new towels, remembering the early days of marriage when I had a fluffy towel to dry off with after bathing. Well my dreaming turned into desiring and last week Lance & I bought two new towels--the kids still get the crappy ones, they don't know the difference. I washed and dried them and then used one--they are maroon--and it was super fluffy and super soft. But then I noticed that I was covered with little red dots of towel fluff. Sigh. So now I will wash them a few more times and wait for them to be a little less new so they don't leave me looking like I have a rash. Alas and alack, new towels aren't everything I had dreamed of.
Shiree
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Nice towels are quite a luxury around here too. I think I'll be needing a 10 year anniversary shower so I can replace all my stuff I got at my wedding shower that has been beat to death.
I hope you didn't buy them from Target. We bought red towels when we moved here and everytime we use them they left fuzzies on us. It got old so we don't use them anymore. I guess the expensive towels are worth it. Oh, and by the way, nice "towls". Is that french?
New towles are heaven... well once you get past the "fuzzy" stage =) Ryan's grandma taught me if you wash your towles in hot water and then dry them in the dryer i have noticed that some of my crapy one's have gotten a little softer try it! lol tell me what you think
SHIREE--- IT is a very long lost friend Amanda Mellor (or Mason if you recall.)I bumped into Trista at Thanksgiving point and she could only remember your blog site and not e-mail, so e-mail enticity@q.com or give me a call at 208-0936 I would love to catch up. Funny thing, Trista and I live less than a couple of miles from eachother. Good luck with the new towels, I cant stand the fluffy lint!! Amanda
I like the idea of a 10 year anniversary shower. I'm glad to see you're doing well. I was just reading catching up on your blog. Enjoy the rest of the summer! Rachel B.
Post a Comment