Sunday, January 24, 2010

We are moving

So for those who don't know, we are moving to Lehi! We'll be right by Thanksgiving point, so we expect visitors. We've got most everything moved but have the next week to finish moving everything and get everything cleaned up.
I'm really excited, although I'll miss the ward here. I'm hopeful that I'll still be able to keep in contact with my friends here and that I'll still be able to get my kids together with their friends. I'm also excited to have Lance on the bench with me in church!!
Our new ward has 140 primary kids and 40 nursery kids so I'll probably be put in the primary--just about everyone must have a primary calling. That's one thing about moving that I"ll miss--2nd Sunday RS teacher is about the best calling ever!! I'll miss that one for sure!
I'm most excited about having my laundry room on the same floor as the bedrooms, and the washer and dryer will be side by side!!! No more walking across the basement with a basket full of wet clothes. My back is going to be soooooo happy! I will also have a master bathroom again! I'm excited to not be tripping on kid toys when I shower! And my bedroom is HUGE! And my tub has jets in it! I think that I'll be taking a bath every night after I get the kids to bed for weeks!
I'm also excited to have the playroom downstairs! It's an unfinished basement, but there is carpet so that the kids will be able to play down there and as I sit here and write I can hear them running over my head. Since Becca's birth, the upstairs playroom has lost some of it's coolness. Especially during her nap times. We've had a good time here and we'll miss a lot of things, but we're excited for our new adventure as well!!!!!

5 comments:

Heather said...

yay, your bathroom sounds awesome. Jetted tub is definitely something to enjoy. And play rooms are something to be thankful for! We'll miss you but hope you enjoy your new place, sounds like you will.

Heather said...

oh and remember to send everyone your new address!

Claudia said...

Sounds awesome! Hope you love it, even with all the stress of moving! I won't even try to tell you how jealous I am of a primary that size...

Anonymous said...

I'm SO happy that I'm not in that Primary! :) I like my small one that I get to know the kids in. :)

I can't wait to see your new house. Jeremiah said he's pretty sure he could drive back there, so expect us to show up. :) Sad to lose you guys but happy for your family!

Sarah said...

Yay Friend!!!! I'll be in Sandy next week so I can come visit if you have time!! Glad the move is going smoothly. :>