I love my 2 1/2 year old! He is fun to watch as he discovers new things and tries them out for himself. He is super independent and loves to do big boy things and it's fun to see him explore and learn. But there are some days when I want to pull my hair out and scream! Those days usually come when he refuses to take a nap. He's almost big enough not to need one, but not quite. So if he does take one, then he stays up really late and if he doesn't take one he turns into a whiny animal between the hours of 3:30 and 7:00--when I put him down for the night. Today was a day I really needed him to take a nap, and he won't. There's an activity for the Young Women/Young Men that we are invited to tonight--painting pumpkins and frosting cookies. And I told him if he didn't sleep he couldn't go to the party. I thought he would sleep--he didn't. So now I need to follow through on the threat by not taking him. Which is too bad for him because I think he would've had a fun time, but now he'll be sleeping and I'll be resting, which isn't too bad of a deal. I just hope they bring me some cookies.
Thankfully my mom came down today and made it possible for me to get through this afternoon of no nap time. I already had a nap AND a shower. Thanks mom for saving us, yet again!
1 comment:
Shiree,
Madison talks about Daniel almost daily around here, even though she hasn't seen him in months. She too is in this "sometimes napping, sometimes not" crazy stage. Luckily we both know they out grow it - and then we no longer get nap time at all. Yikes!
Post a Comment